BIP’s Homewood Holdings acquires Building Supply and Lumber Co., Inc.
Sacramento, Calif. — Homewood Holdings, LLC , a portfolio company of private equity investment firm, Building Industry Partners, has announced the acquisition of select assets of Building Supply and Lumber Co., Inc.
Founded in 1946, Building Supply and Lumber is an independent lumber and building materials pro dealer that serves custom and commercial homebuilders as well as remodel/repair contractors throughout the Northern California market. Building Supply and Lumber will be the third business acquired under the Homewood Holdings umbrella, since the formation of Homewood Holdings in early 2016 by BIP and building industry veteran, Jim Stockman.
Building Supply and Lumber’s former owner, Stan McMaster, will work with Homewood as a consultant to continue servicing the Northern California LBM market and help grow Homewood’s market share in the pro dealer segment. The transaction enables Stan to transition into retirement, following a long and successful career spent building one of the area’s leading LBM distributors.
In addition to Building Supply and Lumber, Homewood Holdings consists of Homewood Building Supply, based in greater Sacramento, Calif., and Evergreen Lumber, based in greater Seattle.
“We’ve known and respected Stan for many years, and this acquisition helps accelerate Homewood’s growth plan and adds highly valuable customer relationships to our organization,” said Jim Stockman, CEO of Homewood Holdings.
BIP principals have co-founded and/or served as the equity capital sponsor for a number of the building products industry’s leading middle-market companies and operators:
• U.S. LBM Holdings, in partnership with L.T. Gibson, BlackEagle Partners and team
• Kodiak Building Partners, in partnership with Paul Hylbert, Steve Swinney and team
• Rugby Architectural Building Products, in partnership with David Hughes, Drew Dickinson and team
• United Cabinet Holdings, in partnership with Butch Reimer and team
• Building Industry Advisors, in partnership with Michael Collins, Walt Kurek and team
• Homewood Holdings, in partnership with Jim Stockman, Scott Blackburn and team
• U.S. Fence Solutions, in partnership with Andrew Reed, Steve Stanley, Jeff Cook, Jim Bockelmann, and team
Source: LBM Journal Lumber Partner Post